Welcome to my island! We haven’t got much but what we have is the best! I’ve always loved music so for my Desert Island I’ll have to have
- Bad to the Bone – George Thorogood and the Delaware Destroyers. Straight on Rock-n-Roll. I saw him everywhere I could in the SF Bay Area back in the day. Loong, crazy shows! Do you have to Axe which of Damian’s roles he brings to mind? “Leave this one alone! I can tell by lookin’ he’s bad to the bone!”
- I’m on Fire – Bruce Springsteen. THE sexiest song of all time. I can see Nicholas McGrade, Damian’s role in Colditz, dancing as London burns! He may be a “bad boy” but just as in Forsyth, he makes the other characters pale in comparison. Nights can be chilly on this island and afternoons long; might could use a fire. “Oh, oh, oh I’m on fire!”
- Wicked Game – Chris Isaak. My best friend and I followed him around clubs in the Bay Area. Major fangirls. Later this became my Brody/Carrie anthem. The dark side of their using, playing, lying relationship.”I never dreamed that I’d love somebody like you and I never dreamed that I’d lose somebody like you””
4. Every Breath You Take – Scala & Kolacny Brothers Belgian Womens Chior. I first heard this masterpiece in the Showtime trailer for season two of Homeland. The entire song is available on YouTube. From the pianissimo to the crescendo to decrescendo it takes you on passionate journey. Like the best romances do.
- Uptown Funk – Bruno Mars. Gotta dance and Damian loves to dance! “If you don’t believe me, just watch!” Watch Damian dance Gangnam-style on a video from the Jonathon Ross Show.
- Expecting to Fly – Buffalo Springfield. A moving song of love, loss and pain. “I tried so hard to stand as I stumbled and fell to the ground. So hard to laugh as I fumbled and reached for the love I found knowing it was gone.” William Keane knows this. I know this. The fully orchestrated version is lovely but look on YouTube for Neil Young with just his guitar accompanying. Try not to cry.
- Who Do You Love – Bo Diddley. I’m a fan of men. Damian can play sensitive or scared or playful but you can never forget he’s a strong man. Spelled m-a-n Oh, wait that’s a different song. No cheating. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8w9Eii9ZFsQ
- Tell It Like It Is – Neville Brothers. “I’m nothin’ to play with. Go and find yourself a toy” Sometimes we’ll slow dance and talk. My companion is truthful and soulful.
Favorite Track – I’m On Fire Geez choosing 8 is tough; this is impossible but I came to play.
Favorite Book – Got to be The Goldfinch.
Luxury Item – Solar powered TV with Wi-Fi.
Damian Character – really? Brody. The man who’s standing on Carrie’s doorstep. Worthy and ready for redemption.
(Now I’m going to have to help him get over Damianista’s rejection on top of all the rest!)
Of course on our golden isle we are forever 42 years old!